Nicehash, What did you lose? What´s Next?

Allt utan efnis

Höfundur
Running11
Nörd
Póstar: 110
Skráði sig: Þri 10. Okt 2017 17:47
Staða: Ótengdur

Nicehash, What did you lose? What´s Next?

Pósturaf Running11 » Mið 06. Des 2017 20:49

So with the confirmation of the Nicehash Hack, I am curious how many of you are left swinging in the cold breeze.

I personally was waiting for my Bitstamp wallet to be verified, so i could begin moving Coins from Nicehash to a bitcoin wallet.
I had about $350. USD in my Nicehash account. Small pickings I know. I was moving in the right direction with a better wallet, but just did not get it done in time.

I am mining with Minergate now. But i have read poor reviews about them also. (Need to do something)
I would return to Nicehash if they manage to correct the situation, but would never leave more then a couple of weeks profit in their wallet at a time.

I have 4 GPUs in two machines and planed to grow by 1 card a month. Slow and steady wins the race.
Let me know if you have any suggestions for a little guy lost in a big crypto-world.

Thanks

Skjámynd

mundivalur
Vaktari
Póstar: 2327
Skráði sig: Fim 02. Apr 2009 13:16
Staðsetning: South side

Re: Nicehash, What did you lose? What´s Next?

Pósturaf mundivalur » Mið 06. Des 2017 22:48

I just use suprnova.cc but yea try to send your coins to a market or a wallet you control to try to be safe

Höfundur
Running11
Nörd

Pósturaf Running11 » Lau 09. Des 2017 11:30

Where´s the discussion. Surely there are some more people effected by this. I´m looking for good alternatives for nicehash and suggestions for wallets. They all look the same to me. I am a US citizen living in Iceland. What are some good option for wallets.

thanks

Heidar222
Vélbúnaðarníðingur
Póstar: 351
Skráði sig: Fös 14. Sep 2012 10:54
Staðsetning: Reykjanesbær

Pósturaf Heidar222 » Lau 09. Des 2017 11:33

I'm currently using jaxx wallet and paperwallet for Electronium. I've been able to figure somewhat out how to mine ETN, successfully, although I'll most likely return to nicehash when they get up and running again, but using Jaxx to store my coins.

Skjámynd

ZiRiuS
Of mikill frítími
Póstar: 1796
Skráði sig: Þri 08. Nóv 2005 15:19
Staðsetning: Við tölvuna

Pósturaf ZiRiuS » Lau 09. Des 2017 13:35

I had been using Nicehash for about 2 days so I only lost like $10-15. I found this guide online and it works with great success, tiny more profitable than NH but the exchange to the currency I want is extremely slow so I will probably use NH again with external wallet when they are up and running again.

Here is the guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/MiningPoolHub/ ... _multiple/

Turn: Cooler Master Mastercase H500M Móðurborð: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz (Coffee Lake) GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C18 3600MHz Quad Channel Kit
PSU: Corsair AX850 Titanium 80 Plus Titanium Modular SSD: Samsung 970 PRO 512GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe

Skjámynd

Hreggi89
Fiktari
Póstar: 97
Skráði sig: Sun 24. Jún 2012 14:15
Hafðu samband:

Pósturaf Hreggi89 » Sun 10. Des 2017 20:03

Lost 150$, was planning on moving it after the payout which was the day after the hack. Using Jaxx for eth, btc and zcash wallets and I'm now mining eth on ethmine.org and zcash on zcash.flypool.org. Will start mining xmr when I get my ledger nano in the mail and dual mine eth with decred because Jaxx doesn't support xmr or dcr. I don't think I'll go back to Nicehash for the most part, maybe I'll run it on a couple of cpu's or on obscure gpu's but I feel there is more stability with spreading the income over various currencies.
These miners are relative easy to setup, I even just use the miners that are in the nicehash program folder and configure them to my pools and wallets.

Allt of mikið af græjum/drasli.

Höfundur
Running11
Nörd

Pósturaf Running11 » Mán 24. Des 2018 17:08

One year later and we are still here. I'm glad Nicehash is following through on the payback plan, however slow it may be. Are you still collecting your payback? I've just let it sit since October because it's such a small amount. Wonder if I'll be posting next year? What have you been doing in crypto?