Selling ASUS Strix 1080 A8G 70.000isk

ATH: Einungis er leyfð sala á tölvum og tölvutengdum búnaði.
VARÚÐ: Verðlöggur eru leyfðar með þeim takmörkunum að ýtrustu kurteysi er krafist af þeim.

Höfundur
manne
Græningi
Póstar: 31
Skráði sig: Fim 04. Ágú 2016 09:58
Staða: Ótengdur

Selling ASUS Strix 1080 A8G 70.000isk

Pósturaf manne » Lau 08. Júl 2017 19:53

I am selling my ASUS Strix 1080 card.

Price: 70.000isk
It costs 100.000isk in the store so 70 seems fair for a card without any issues.

https://www.att.is/product/asus-gtx1080 ... tx1080a8gg

Bought it in late November 2016 in Sweden. I have the recept in Iceland and the box in Sweden. I am currently in Sweden so if the box is important I will bring it with me when I am coming back the 23e of July.

I haven't had any Issues with it at all and I have not heard any coil whine but my computer is in another room from where I have my screen so I can't say with 100% certainty that it is perfect. But I am pretty certain. :)

If you want to buy the card before I get back to Iceland(23e of July) I have arranged that a friend can give it to you. But if you want to see how it works before you buy it you can and try it out after the 23e.

The reason I am selling is that I am going to buy a 1080ti.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a post here or to m.danneman@gmail.com

Feel free to write in Icelandic, Swedish or English. :)

Take care.

Skjámynd

Templar
vélbúnaðarpervert
Póstar: 975
Skráði sig: Fös 30. Sep 2011 11:54
Hafðu samband:

Re: Selling ASUS Strix 1080 A8G 70.000isk

Pósturaf Templar » Fös 14. Júl 2017 13:29

Still have the card, if so I'll buy it.

--
|| 14900KS - Z790 - DDR 8000 - 4090 - ||

Höfundur
manne
Græningi

Pósturaf manne » Lau 15. Júl 2017 08:56

Yep. I still have it. Its yours. Do you want me to bring back the proper box? And let me know when you have time to collect it and Ill talk to my friend.

Skjámynd

Templar
vélbúnaðarpervert
Hafðu samband:

Pósturaf Templar » Lau 15. Júl 2017 17:25

ok, call me on 8400870 to arrange deliver/pickup, don't need the box.

--

Höfundur
manne
Græningi

Pósturaf manne » Lau 15. Júl 2017 20:37

Cool. I will call you tomorrow. I am on vacation so I didnt see you message until now.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Skjámynd

Templar
vélbúnaðarpervert
Hafðu samband:

Pósturaf Templar » Sun 16. Júl 2017 22:59

Hi, you just said you got an offer for 78.000. You had already accepted my deal. Your name will be on the list for those who break deals like forever. So you back out and break a deal for measly 8000, disgrace!

--

Skjámynd

GuðjónR
Stjórnandi
Póstar: 16258
Skráði sig: Fim 29. Ágú 2002 18:46
Staðsetning: Hérna
Hafðu samband:

Pósturaf GuðjónR » Sun 16. Júl 2017 23:28

78k fyrir kort sem búið er að nota í næstum heilt ár?
Ég seldi sambærilegt kort á dögunum, splunkunýtt og ónotað í innsigluðum umbúðum á 75k.

Kortið sem ég seldi.
Viðhengi
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming.jpg
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming.jpg (60.87 KiB) Skoðað 3459 sinnum

Skjámynd

Templar
vélbúnaðarpervert
Hafðu samband:

Pósturaf Templar » Sun 16. Júl 2017 23:37

Og svíkja dílinn.. slappt.

--

Skjámynd

GuðjónR
Stjórnandi
Póstar: 16258
Skráði sig: Fim 29. Ágú 2002 18:46
Staðsetning: Hérna
Hafðu samband:

Pósturaf GuðjónR » Sun 16. Júl 2017 23:44

Templar skrifaði:Og svíkja dílinn.. slappt.

Já það er fúlt. :thumbsd

Höfundur
manne
Græningi

Pósturaf manne » Mán 17. Júl 2017 08:30

Templar skrifaði:Hi, you just said you got an offer for 78.000. You had already accepted my deal. Your name will be on the list for those who break deals like forever. So you back out and break a deal for measly 8000, disgrace!

As I said in the mail. I have not accepted his offer. I told him I wanted to talk to you before. I can paste my response to him if I have to prove something. And yes I might have sounded mind made up because I wanted to accept his offer but I had and have not promised him the card.

But since you are sending me a threatening mail I have no interest selling you the card either way. I rather just keep it if that is the case.

EDIT: Okay so since two-three people seemed to missunderstand me here. i think I just clarify. "I have not accepted his offer." Is referring to the other guys offer not Templars offer. I am talking directly to Templar in this post above the EDIT.
Síðast breytt af manne á Mán 17. Júl 2017 09:21, breytt samtals 1 sinni.

pepsico
Bannaður
Póstar: 714
Skráði sig: Mán 20. Apr 2015 17:30

Pósturaf pepsico » Mán 17. Júl 2017 08:31

"Yep. I still have it. Its yours."

Skjámynd

Moldvarpan
Vaktari
Póstar: 2236
Skráði sig: Fös 16. Mar 2007 21:31

Pósturaf Moldvarpan » Mán 17. Júl 2017 08:39

Lame. Then take your shit and go. Have a nice day.

Tbot
/dev/null
Póstar: 1476
Skráði sig: Þri 01. Nóv 2011 13:42
Staðsetning: Rvk

Pósturaf Tbot » Mán 17. Júl 2017 08:48

manne skrifaði:Yep. I still have it. Its yours. Do you want me to bring back the proper box? And let me know when you have time to collect it and Ill talk to my friend.

This is confirmation, that you accepted his offer.

Höfundur
manne
Græningi

Pósturaf manne » Mán 17. Júl 2017 08:56

GuðjónR skrifaði:78k fyrir kort sem búið er að nota í næstum heilt ár?
Ég seldi sambærilegt kort á dögunum, splunkunýtt og ónotað í innsigluðum umbúðum á 75k.

Kortið sem ég seldi.

Well I put together the PC this christmas so it is actually just 6 months but yes I bought it at black friday. And I had no issues just keeping this card if noone was interested for this price. It is a really good card. I am just hungry for a 1080 TI.

The market value of something is what people are prepaired to pay for it so the value for this card is somewhere around 70-78k.

People might be willing to pay more for a specific brand or type of card. SLI for example. Or in my case, I am just a ASUS fanboy and am willing to pay more for just that reason.

/Manne

Höfundur
manne
Græningi

Pósturaf manne » Mán 17. Júl 2017 09:01

Guys. Calm down. What I said was that I had not accepted the other guys offer. I was responding to Templar so "his offer" is refering to the other guy. I know I had accepted Templars offer.

Tbot
/dev/null

Pósturaf Tbot » Mán 17. Júl 2017 09:25

Tbot skrifaði:
manne skrifaði:Yep. I still have it. Its yours. Do you want me to bring back the proper box? And let me know when you have time to collect it and Ill talk to my friend.

You have the prerogative of not selling the card at anytime and keeping it. Nobody can blame you for anything.

But trying to raise the bid after acceptance is in my book bad manners. The bidder that has his offer accepted doesn't need to know about new higher bid.

But in the end, this 2nd hand marked, so anyone can play it as he wants to.

Höfundur
manne
Græningi

Pósturaf manne » Mán 17. Júl 2017 09:53

Tbot skrifaði:
Tbot skrifaði:

You have the prerogative of not selling the card at anytime and keeping it. Nobody can blame you for anything.

But trying to raise the bid after acceptance is in my book bad manners. The bidder that has his offer accepted doesn't need to know about new higher bid.

Yes it is bad manners. I agree.

I accepted Templars offer. Then got another offer by mail at 78k. I sent Templar a mail saying I would rather take this offer and I hope that was okay with him. (Maybe it was more to the, I am going to do this. Sorry I dont want to be a douche)I cant find the mail, maybe Templar still has it. And he can post it if he wants to. And truthfully and 100% honest, if he had answered me and said. "No, we had a deal. I appreciate if you stand by it" I would have stood by it! But instead I get a mail where he is calling me a discgrace and that I will be on a list forever if anyone search for me. I felt he was skipping ahead a few mails. But yea. I see my part in it ofc.

Tonikallinn
Tölvutryllir
Póstar: 660
Skráði sig: Sun 12. Jún 2016 01:34

Pósturaf Tonikallinn » Mán 17. Júl 2017 09:59

manne skrifaði:
Tbot skrifaði:
Tbot skrifaði:

I accepted Templars offer. Then got another offer by mail at 78k. I sent Templar a mail saying I would rather take this offer and I hope that was okay with him. (Maybe it was more to the, I am going to do this. Sorry I dont want to be a douche)I cant find the mail, maybe Templar still has it. And he can post it if he wants to. And truthfully and 100% honest, if he had answered me and said. "No, we had a deal. I appreciate if you stand by it" I would have stood by it! But instead I get a mail where he is calling me a discgrace and that I will be on a list forever if anyone search for me. I felt he was skipping ahead a few mails. But yea. I see my part in it ofc.

Just give it to templar....he probably misunderstood you and thought you were telling him to raise his offer. It was just a misunderstanding....Forgive the man?

Höfundur
manne
Græningi

Pósturaf manne » Mán 17. Júl 2017 10:06

This is exactly what I wrote to the other guy:
"Hey man. Okay so, I want to talk to the guy I have almost promised it to already. See so he wont get too mad about me selling it to the highest offer. I dont want to be a douche."

I get that "almost promised" is not 100% accurate. But this might show where my mind was. I wanted to take the higher offer but would have declined if Templar had said no.

Tonikallinn
Tölvutryllir
Póstar: 660
Skráði sig: Sun 12. Jún 2016 01:34

Pósturaf Tonikallinn » Mán 17. Júl 2017 10:09

manne skrifaði:This is exactly what I wrote to the other guy:
"Hey man. Okay so, I want to talk to the guy I have almost promised it to already. See so he wont get too mad about me selling it to the highest offer. I dont want to be a douche."

I get that "almost promised" is not 100% accurate. But this might show where my mind was. I wanted to take the higher offer but would have declined if Templar had said no.

And in a way, he showed you he wasn't happy with it....come on. Send him a message and talk things out, don't play the "it's your fault" card.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Síðast breytt af Tonikallinn á Mán 17. Júl 2017 10:37, breytt samtals 1 sinni.

Höfundur
manne
Græningi

Pósturaf manne » Mán 17. Júl 2017 10:25

Tonikallinn skrifaði:
manne skrifaði:
Tbot skrifaði:
Tbot skrifaði:

Just give it to templar....he probably misunderstood you and thought you were telling him to raise his offer. It was just a misunderstanding....Forgive the man?

I mean, he is right I wanted to back out of the deal and get the highest offer. But in mind it was a question even if it maybe didnt at all sound like that in the mail.

But yes, he has first bid on the card. If he still wants it, he can have it for said price.

Actually, Templar. I have your phonenumber right? I can call you and we can also sort this out over the phone. Less missunderstandings.

Höfundur
manne
Græningi

Pósturaf manne » Mán 17. Júl 2017 10:31

Tonikallinn skrifaði:
manne skrifaði:This is exactly what I wrote to the other guy:

And in a way, he showed you he wasn't happy with it....come on. Send him a message and talk things out, don't play the "it's your fault" card.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

My intentions was not to say that it was his fault. Only to show my side of this.

Tbot
/dev/null

Pósturaf Tbot » Mán 17. Júl 2017 10:34

manne skrifaði:
Tbot skrifaði:
Tbot skrifaði:

My opinion
The best course would have been informing him of the new offer, and stating he had say 12 hours to make good on his offer.
Meaning pay and pick up the card, seen too many offer something and not honour their offers.
Even tho it mean you might lose some on the sale.

After that you would have been free to take next offer.

Höfundur
manne
Græningi

Pósturaf manne » Mán 17. Júl 2017 10:36

Tbot skrifaði:
manne skrifaði:
Tbot skrifaði:
Tbot skrifaði:

My opinion
The best course would have been informing him of the new offer, and stating he had say 12 hours to make good on his offer.
Meaning pay and pick up the card, seen too many offer something and not honour their offers.
Even tho it mean you might lose some on the sale.

After that you would have been free to take next offer.

True. I should have handled it better.

Skjámynd

Templar
vélbúnaðarpervert
Hafðu samband:

Pósturaf Templar » Mán 17. Júl 2017 12:30

Well all I can say is that this is a negative experience and been a complete waste of time. Here's my break down, pretty long but I'm a fast typer and I don't spell check :)

Operators, if you're too busy to read through all of this, I'm going to add Manne to the deal breaker lists, I explain why below. Going back after being flamed simply shouldn't be an option.

Manne selling a 1080 to Templar ---- Sequence of events.

1. Manne puts on an add for 1080. Templar asks if he's got it and he does he'll buy it at the price Manne asked for, no bartering.
>> Manne accepts the offer, see the top of this post, he did NOT have a "half way" deal or an "open" deal. Scrutiny into the communications will reveal that. I, Templar, accepted even no box etc.

2. I give Manne my phone number to call for delivery or a pickup.
>> Manne says he'll call but doesn't.

3. Manne sends me, Templar, a message late on Sunday over email that said the following:
"Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay. So I got an offer at 78.000 and I hate to be a douche but 8k is 8k
closer to my TI so I think I have to accept his offer. I am really sorry to
sort of promise it to you and then back out.

If he change his mind or whatever Ill contact you straight away."
>> Without a doubt Manne has pulled out of a deal for measly 8K and is "really sorry" too it seems.. aha. This is not "sort of promsing", we were beyond that.

4. >> I, Templar, tell Manne my opinion of this here on this thread and in a PM, I honor all my deals and I expect others simply to do the same. I also tell Manne that I will add him to the list of users that do not honor deals and people should be wary of.
In response to this Manne sends me a SHIT PM like I have done something wrong! These are the PMs:
--------------
Templar skrifaði:
"Hi. I'll add you to the list of those that break deals, you accepted my deal and that's done. Your name will be on that list like forever when someone does a search for you. Not a wise decision for 8.000. A disgrace."

"So thats where you go straight to? If you just would have been friendly and said. "No we had a deal I would respect if you uphold it." I would have respected that and would have sold you the card. Honestly. With you threating me, I have no interest selling you the card either way. I even said to the other dude that I would talk to you first before accepting his offer.

But put me on the list. Have fun with that."
------------
>> So I, Templar, should be "friendly" and "ask" if he will honor his deal because I don't like it that he didn't LOL But because I did not "ask" him not to betray the deal I can go and fuck off and have "fun" putting him on the black list of users here. Manne is also not "interested" in selling me the card because I'm doing the default thing on this forum and that is to inform other honest forum users of someone that can't be trusted. Yeah Manne is the victim here for sure //satire

5. Manne sends another PM to me, Templar, after being flamed on this thread, it goes like:
"I apolagize if I sounded rude in the last message. I got offended becuase I felt like it has harsh. But after the discussion in the thread I am more understanding and I am agreeing with you that your offer comes first.

If you still want to buy the card the offer still stands.
and if you want to back out its fine as well. Up to you.

Take care."
>> Ok Manne, "sounded rude".. No you didn't "sound" rude, you were rude in both breaking a deal and rude in your reaction when you realized there'd be some list you didn't realize existed with your name it.
Only when you get flamed do you back down.

This was supposed to be an upgrade for my daughters old PC that's got a GTX 980. I have now simply made this a lesson for her how NOT to treat people and that today your online behavior has consequences and you really cannot separate your online identity from your RL persona, they both have a reputation and one should always be respectful to people at all times online just like in RL.

--------
I'm putting you on the list of deal breakers because you belong there, you broke the deal and then you want to unbreak it because you got flamed. You furthermore state in the advertisement of the card that you don't think there's coil whine in the card but you really don't know - Putting that together with how you behave here is just too much wrongness and I don't trust you any more or that the card really is in 100% condition.

>> Let this be a lesson to you to treat people with more respect in the future. Icelanders are no different from native Swedes, most are honest and respectful and expect others to be the same.

Good luck.

--