baunin
Nýliði
Póstar: 7
Skráði sig: Þri 08. Des 2015 11:12
Staða: Ótengdur

Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro support in Iceland, bought in US

Pósturaf baunin » Þri 08. Des 2015 11:20

Hi,

A year ago I was in the US with my girlfriend, and we bought a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro. For the past months, it has been very unstable and I have talked to Lenovo US support for troubleshooting, but they concluded it has to be looked at by professionals, as it is most likely a hardware issue. Sigh...

I was trying to find out from Lenovo, what kind of support there is in Iceland, as it is covered by some kind of international warranty service (IWS). They were about as ignorant about that as you would imagine.

Does anybody know who I can call in Iceland about it? Isn't it Nyherji that has Lenovo importer status in Iceland?

Any other experience with similar Lenovo issues would be welcomed - like did you get something fixed in Iceland under warranty, did you have to send it to the US etc etc.

Thanks in advance, bless!

/ Klaus
(Sorry, my written Icelandic is terrible - believe me, I am doing everybody a favor by writing in Icelandic) :sleezyjoe

Klara
has spoken...
Póstar: 165
Skráði sig: Fim 11. Jún 2015 20:39

Re: Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro support in Iceland, bought in US

Pósturaf Klara » Þri 08. Des 2015 11:37

I'd just give Nýherji a quick call or visit to hear if they consider this to fall under international warranty.

Hargo skrifaði:Ef hún er enn innan við árs gömul þá gæti hún verið coveruð undir alþjóðlegri ábyrgð sem Nýherji sinnir, en það er stundum erfiðara að sækja þannig ábyrgð á milli markaðssvæða ef vélin er amerísk.

viewtopic.php?t=52700

Also "unstable" is not the most descriptive of terms if you are wondering if others have had the same problem. How exactly is it unstable?

Höfundur
baunin
Nýliði

Pósturaf baunin » Þri 08. Des 2015 13:28

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

I will try giving Nyherji a call and see what happens. :)

I was actually intending to ask about warranty issues etc, not the troubleshooting of the PC, since I don't think there are enough details I can provide, for anybody to accurately assess it online. :)

It is just freezing and sometimes powering off (but does not get warm). The Lenovo support test suite (I forget the name of it) comes up clean, no errors in anything.

Skjámynd

DJOli
Vaktari
Póstar: 2103
Skráði sig: Fim 24. Jún 2010 01:58
Staðsetning: Heima

Pósturaf DJOli » Þri 08. Des 2015 13:44

A google web search of "Lenovo randomly shuts down" gives a few forum threads as a result.
Among them, someone mentions trying "Everest ultimate edition" a trial software to monitor the temperature of the laptop.
http://download.cnet.com/Everest-Ultima ... 99291.html
If the laptop is overheating and shutting down, then something is obviously quite wrong with it.

I hope you're not using the laptop on soft surfaces, as they will cause laptops to overheat.

i7-11700KF|64gb(2x32gb)ddr4|1060-6gb|1tb Samsung 980 Pro nvme m.2|1tb Samsung 860 Evo sata ssd|Corsair HX1200|

Höfundur
baunin
Nýliði

Pósturaf baunin » Þri 08. Des 2015 14:32

I appreciate the feedback. :)

I have tried googling and researching before getting to this point, but nothing usable (that worked) was found.

We specifically used it on a hard surface (table) to make sure overheating in a lap or something like that was not the issue. It did not change the issue. I also reinstalled the OS, deep-scanned the HD for errors and did pretty much everything I could think of, and nothing fixed the issue.

I think the smart thing to do is give up - and hand it in and let the pros have a go at it. :)

I spoke to Nyherji, and they asked us to hand in the laptop to their workshop and they will take a look.

Höfundur
baunin
Nýliði

Pósturaf baunin » Þri 08. Des 2015 22:55

Computer was handed over to Nyherji today, so now I play the waiting game... They acknowledged there is one year international warranty, but if my laptop is covered or not was not discussed.

It was bought just over 1 year ago, but checking on Lenovo warranty checker, the warranty seems to be good until Dec 13th, so fingers crossed it will be fixed under warranty. :)

Höfundur
baunin
Nýliði

Pósturaf baunin » Þri 15. Des 2015 13:32

Nyherji says it is a HD-issue. It seems odd, as I scanned it and found no errors - but I guess they do this all day every day and know better. So now we're waiting for a new HD to arrive.

Skjámynd

GuðjónR
Stjórnandi
Póstar: 16269
Skráði sig: Fim 29. Ágú 2002 18:46
Staðsetning: Hérna
Hafðu samband:

Pósturaf GuðjónR » Þri 15. Des 2015 14:08

baunin skrifaði:Nyherji says it is a HD-issue. It seems odd, as I scanned it and found no errors - but I guess they do this all day every day and know better. So now we're waiting for a new HD to arrive.

HD issue?
That's very strange, Yoga 3 Pro does not have a HD. :face

vesley
Kóngur
Póstar: 4253
Skráði sig: Mán 08. Sep 2008 19:39
Staðsetning: við talvuna

Pósturaf vesley » Þri 15. Des 2015 15:32

GuðjónR skrifaði:
baunin skrifaði:Nyherji says it is a HD-issue. It seems odd, as I scanned it and found no errors - but I guess they do this all day every day and know better. So now we're waiting for a new HD to arrive.

HD issue?

It has a SSD and the employee might have said HD problem when he was talking about the SSD.

Höfundur
baunin
Nýliði

Pósturaf baunin » Mið 16. Des 2015 11:49

GuðjónR skrifaði:

HD issue?

Whatever the tech said, he said to my girlfriend in Icelandic and I interpreted it as harddisk, even though I am aware an SSD is not technically a harddisk drive.

Höfundur
baunin
Nýliði

Pósturaf baunin » Fim 14. Jan 2016 13:24

Just a followup for posterity.

We got the laptop back a week ago with a new hardd... Sorry... Solid State Disk. ;) I have not seen the computer yet, as I am out of the country, but it seems we need to reinstall Windows10 and then be good to go.