Fiktari
Póstar: 75
Skráði sig: Lau 13. Jún 2015 18:32
Staða: Ótengdur

Vantar aðstoð með UEFI BIOS

Pósturaf tomekwojcinski@o2.pl » Fim 26. Nóv 2015 10:59

Hello guys.

My name is Tomasz.
I am looking for someone from AKUREYRI who knows a lot about computers, someone who could come to my place or i could come with my computer, does not matter and help me to test the hardware and check the setting in BIOS.
The problem is Uefi bios, the POST test takes more time then running windows, sometimes the bios needs to restart 3 times and then starts the computer.Aftrer windows start, the computer works just perfect, no problems. In my opninion it is Ram memory problem or graphic card but i am not sure 100%.
Of course i do not expect anything for free and i will pay if some one help me resolve the problem.
So... if someone can help me please conntact me.

Med kvedju.

Tomasz

My comuter parameters

motherboard gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=4953#ov

intel I7 4790k

msi radeon R9 280X GAMING 3G
http://www.msi.com/product/graphics-car ... o-overview

ram corsair Vengeance® Pro Series — 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 DRAM 2400MHz C11
http://www.corsair.com/en/vengeance-pro ... 2a2400c11r

sdd samsung 850 pro 256 gb

power suply corsair 800 watt
Síðast breytt af tomekwojcinski@o2.pl á Þri 01. Des 2015 19:58, breytt samtals 2 sinnum.

Skjámynd

rapport
Kóngur
Póstar: 7071
Skráði sig: Mán 27. Apr 2009 13:07

Re: Uefi bios

Pósturaf rapport » Fim 26. Nóv 2015 12:36

Mr. T

What have you tried to do about this?

Have you set BIOS to "short boot/fast boot" so it will skip extensive testing?

Have you checked if all your ram registers after boot? (maybe one of them is not completely "clicked in")

Are all cables tightly in their sockets?

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-troubles ... therboard/

If everything is plugged in correctly, you have set BIOS to fast boot and you are still getting these errors, maybe it is time to take everything out, test booting with only the system SSD and one ram stick at a time.

When you have tried all ram sticks, you add the video card.

Then one HDD at a time (if you have any others than C:)

p.s. are your disk controller set to ACHI or IDE, did you move drives from old PC to new?

It could cause problems...

Höfundur
tomekwojcinski@o2.pl
Fiktari

Pósturaf tomekwojcinski@o2.pl » Fim 26. Nóv 2015 19:30

I checked the cables again, they are ok, the bios was set to normal boot,i changed that to fast boot,no diffrence, the disk controller is set to ACHI.
I have tried to start with only one ram (no graphic card, no hdd , only system drive)and i have noticed it was better, then i changed the ram and got erros like before. Then i have tried the good ram and graphic card together and got same errors again. Recently i even got beep warnings from bios, it was one long beep and then restart.
One long beep its memory or graphic card issue i think.

Yes, i moved two disk from old computer but they ware formated. I tried without them and got same error.

I do not have more ideas except trying another RAM but i do not have any

Höfundur
tomekwojcinski@o2.pl
Fiktari

Pósturaf tomekwojcinski@o2.pl » Fim 26. Nóv 2015 19:32

I do not know , maybe it is some settings in bios but i am not good enough to find it out.

Skjámynd

rapport
Kóngur
Póstar: 7071
Skráði sig: Mán 27. Apr 2009 13:07

Pósturaf rapport » Fim 26. Nóv 2015 20:32

If your BIOS looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDITvvtWAAY

You can check your setting, if memory etc. is on "auto".

In minute 4:10 he is showing memory settings.

In what slots are the memory chips you are using?

Manual says:
When enabling Dual Channel mode with two or four memory modules, it is recommended that memory
of the same capacity, brand, speed, and chips be used and installed in the same colored DDR3
sockets. For optimum performance, when enabling Dual Channel mode with two memory modules,
we recommend that you install them in the DDR3_1 and DDR3_2 sockets.

That are the grey sockets on the motherboard.

Höfundur
tomekwojcinski@o2.pl
Fiktari

Pósturaf tomekwojcinski@o2.pl » Fim 26. Nóv 2015 20:42

it is like mine bios, i have the same settings, the memory is placed in rights sockets

Klara
has spoken...
Póstar: 165
Skráði sig: Fim 11. Jún 2015 20:39

Pósturaf Klara » Fim 26. Nóv 2015 21:08

Hi Tom

If you don't have the manual for your motherboard you can download it with the link below. You'll find it helpful if you haven't already read it.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... 953#manual

That being said, you ought to find out what the beep code is.

Q:What does BIOS beep sound mean?
A:
1.AWARD BIOS 1short beep :System normal 2 short beep :CMOS Error 1 long beep and 1 short beep:Memory error 1 long beep and 2 short beep:Graphic card error 1 long beep and 3 short beep :AGP error 1 long beep and 9 short beep :Memory Error Continuous long beep :Memory not correctly installed Continuous short beep :Power supply unit failed 2.AMI BIOS 1 short beep :Memory Error 2 short beep:Memory parity check error. 3 short beep :basic memory 64K address check error 4 short beep :Real Time Clock malfunction . 5 short beep :CPU error 6 short beep:Keyboard error 7 short beep :CPU interruption error 8 short beep:Graphic card error 9 short beep :Memory error 10 short beep :CMOS error 11 short beep :CPU cache memory malfunction

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloa ... px?fid=816
http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

Skjámynd

Moldvarpan
Vaktari
Póstar: 2303
Skráði sig: Fös 16. Mar 2007 21:31

Pósturaf Moldvarpan » Fim 26. Nóv 2015 22:04

This sounds like some bios settings issue.

Check ram settings.
Is onboard video card disabled ?

Skjámynd

Hnykill
Of mikill frítími
Póstar: 1863
Skráði sig: Þri 09. Des 2008 07:12
Staðsetning: Akureyri

Pósturaf Hnykill » Fim 26. Nóv 2015 22:15

I am in Akureyri.. i'll take a look at it for you. Can build a computer part by part.. UEFI Bios or what not.. :) PM me for phone number :)

I'll Bios the shit out of that little bastard ! ... teaching me how to type and shit !! ...CTRL Deleting me ??

But no.. i am really good in this.. PM me your phone nr.. and i'll check this out for you :)

Corsair Obsidian 450D - Corsair RM850x 850W - Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X - Intel i5 10600K @ 5Ghz - Corsair H115i Pro - Asus 5700 XT OC 8GB - 16GB DDR4 3600MHz - 1 TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro - Windows 10.

Klara
has spoken...
Póstar: 165
Skráði sig: Fim 11. Jún 2015 20:39

Pósturaf Klara » Fim 26. Nóv 2015 22:19

Hnykill skrifaði:I am in Akureyri.. i'll take a look at it for you. Can build a computer part by part.. UEFI Bios or what not.. :) PM me for phone number :)

I'll Bios the shit out of that little bastard ! ... teaching me how to type and shit !! ...CTRL Deleting me ??

But no.. i am really good in this.. PM me your phone nr.. and i'll check this out for you :)

Mér fannst einhverra hluta vegna vera miðvikudagur þangað til ég sá þetta innlegg og mundi að það er að koma helgi.

:guy \:D/ :-" :fly

Skjámynd

Hnykill
Of mikill frítími
Póstar: 1863
Skráði sig: Þri 09. Des 2008 07:12
Staðsetning: Akureyri

Pósturaf Hnykill » Fim 26. Nóv 2015 22:26

Má vera að ég sé hálfgert nutcase.. en ég kann að setja saman tölvur og stilla Bios.. UEFI eða ekki.. =) ... CPU Volt, DRAM Timeing, hitaleiðni.. ef hardware-ið er í lagi hjá þér ger ég stillt BIOS-in og það :) ekki málið.

Meira segja þegar ég keypti mér I7 5820K þá vissi ég að kjarnarnir liggja utarlega á örgjörvanum.. því keypti ég NZXT 61X

Ahhh NZXT Kraken... annað mál... tala meira síðar :klessa

Corsair Obsidian 450D - Corsair RM850x 850W - Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X - Intel i5 10600K @ 5Ghz - Corsair H115i Pro - Asus 5700 XT OC 8GB - 16GB DDR4 3600MHz - 1 TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro - Windows 10.

Höfundur
tomekwojcinski@o2.pl
Fiktari

Pósturaf tomekwojcinski@o2.pl » Lau 28. Nóv 2015 23:44

It looks like Hnykill changed his mind.no reply.

Höfundur
tomekwojcinski@o2.pl
Fiktari

Re: Vantar aðstoð með UEFI BIOS

Pósturaf tomekwojcinski@o2.pl » Mið 02. Des 2015 07:07

Can someone help?

pepsico
Bannaður
Póstar: 714
Skráði sig: Mán 20. Apr 2015 17:30

Pósturaf pepsico » Mið 02. Des 2015 08:38

It sounds like the first problem you were having was because the UEFI was trying but failing to boot from the old
hard drives, and that the second problem was because you messed with the parts and didn't reinstall them properly.

Are you still suffering from the beeps or only from the slow UEFI? Or both?

If I'm right about the first problem then all you have to do is find Boot Order Priority in the UEFI and set the SSD at the top and also while you're at it set HDD/SSD as the first priority of all options if it is set to something else like Disc or USB Drive.

Höfundur
tomekwojcinski@o2.pl
Fiktari

Pósturaf tomekwojcinski@o2.pl » Mið 02. Des 2015 12:34

I get the beeps randomly but the bios start very slow almost every time.

The boot order priority is OK. There's disk is first on the list. The other things are disabled. I tried to run the computer with only ssd disk and I got the same issues.

What do you mean I messed something with the parts??
It is almost impossible.